Tuesday, April 21, 2009

J Crew Bridesmaid Dresses

After thinking long and hard, I decided to have a few bridesmaids. But I didn't want to burden them with a bunch of unnecessary costs- especially after the trip to Vegas!!! (more later) I'm sure everyone has a story involving a polyester nightmare bridesmaid dress, so I was determined to get attractive and potentially re- wearable dresses.

I looked online a little, and eventually settled on J Crew dresses. J Crew has a great selection of simple and re-wearable bridesmaids' dresses, and most importantly, they can be found on e-bay for less than 50 bucks! I originally found a great sale on the website- and unfortunately they did not have enough of the proper sizes. So instead of trying to find 5 identical styles in identical colors in the right sizes on e-bay, I am going to be a little different and have them wear all different shades of green. The dress style will be the same, but it comes in two different fabrics, and J Crew discontinues the colors each season, and comes out with slightly different ones. So the shades will be close, but none will be identical. It looks great in other bridal parties, and I like that they won't be matchy- matchy.


I have 3 of the dresses, and am on the look- out for 2 more. It has been a little stressful, but I wanted to do all I could to save them money! The actual dress is called "Sophia." The picture below looks like the sophia dress in the tricotine fabric, a smooth silk. The other fabric will be silk chiffon.

I have not yet decided on bouquets. I may have them carry feather fans, but I would have to start DIYing these immediately, or find some at a reasonable price online. What do you think- would you like this dress as a bridesmaid?

2 comments:

  1. Just have to say that I've enjoyed browsing through your blog... We have a bit in common. I live in Denver, CO but am planning a December Cleveland wedding (crazy...).


    Good luck with the last little bit of organizing! Hope your day turns out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Good luck with your Cleveland wedding!

    ReplyDelete