Friday, April 17, 2009

The DRESS!!!

After a loooooong and frustrating search, I found THE DRESS! I was very picky, and had quite a low budget at the beginning. ($400). But I just wouldn't pull the trigger on a dress in this price range. I had been looking at Pronovias, and there are some great deals on these dresses on e-bay. But I couldn't find any of my favorite from this post - the Pronovias Recova, or the Paula Varsalona gown. Also, I never even got to try on a dress that I had been salivating over on the Internet - Alvina Valenta 9658.


After I got out bid on a different Alvina dress, I contacted a wholesale bridal shop in Strongsville, OH, called Anything Bridal. They could have ordered my beloved Recova for only around $1200. The catch was that I was so late in ordering it would come in a few weeks before the wedding. What if something went wrong, or I needed extensive alterations. I was also second guessing myself. Plus, $1200? And I wasn't sure if I could resell this dress.


I went all out on the Internet looking for the 9658. I stalked this dress. I found a girl on the knot who wore this dress, found her e-mail, and asked her if she would sell it (no response). I know I must have sounded like a crazy person. I checked Preownedweddingdresses and OnceWed religiously. These are very good resources for a budget bride. I could tell you every popular dress and how much they go for at this point. The reason I was having so many problems was that this dress was from 2006, and that it cost $3000 brand new. I found one girl online selling her used one for $2800. I just couldn't buy it. It was too much for a used dress.


I checked every single city's Craigslist. Also a good idea - I found good deals on alot of other dresses. But not mine! After this long and frustrating search, I got an e-mail from someone telling me they had a sample of this dress, perfect condition, price of $2,000. I was almost in tears, I was so happy. I whipped out my credit card on the spot! It's way over my budget, and needs alterations, but I just wanted this dress so bad! I am planning on taking perfect care of it, and re-selling it after the wedding.


Without further ado, I give you my dress:





Have you gone over your budget for The One?

1 comment: