Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wedding Budgets

I found this website today. http://www.costofwedding.com/ I have been freaking out a little lately, becasue I currently have no clue what our budget is supposed to be. Between all of our expenses lately- the new house mainly, we're going to need to rely on ALOT of help from our parents if we are going to have any sort of normal wedding.

I put my zip code in Cleveland in and came out with $24 k. Yikes! When I first started this whole wedding planning thing, the number seemed ridiculously high. We could hire someone to come and finish painting and fixing up our house for that. Or put on the new roof that we desparately need.


However, after making a few phone calls, and going to visit my venues, my heart started to sink. Frankly, if I can pull off a wedding for ONLY $24 k, I would be ecstatic! Sigh........... I just wish someone would give me some actual numbers to work with.

For the fun of it, I put in my Buffalo zip code, and came out with $14 k. Ten thousand dollars less..... maybe I should change the location.

What's your wedding budget? How did you find out how much money others (parents) would contribute to your budget?

2 comments:

  1. i just entered my zip and the lower end was 29k...not really sure how to handle that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's crazy how expensive it can be! I am trying my hardest to keep costs down.

    ReplyDelete