Thursday, November 13, 2008

Photographers, Caterers, Priests...

(note: It might help if I posted this a few weeks ago when I actually got back...oops... I find that I can take this wedding stuff in small doses- if I do alot at once, I need a HUUUUGE break)



So I just got back from my whirlwind trip to Cleveland, where I managed to meet with my photographer, my priest, my caterer, AND look at dresses. This was a big step for me, as I have been having such a hard time even dragging myself into a bridal shop.


First things first! S and I got into town late Friday night, hung out with my mom for a little, and then crashed.



Early Saturday morning, we went to meet the priest at St. Michael's church in Independence. I grew up attending this church, and figured it was the best option for our ceremony. It is right off 77 so hopefully guests will not have a hard time getting there from downtown. (disclosure: I initially wrote the 77, and realized I would have to take it out before I got mercilessly mocked by you Clevelanders- what can I say, I'm a Buffalo girl now.)


The best option would be to have it at a church downtown, to minimize driving for the out of town guests. I looked into the cathedral, and they had an exorbitant fee and strict rules. I'm not familiar with any other churches downtown. I'd be happy to take suggestions!


We met with the priest, and even though I was a little nervous about my lack of participation in a church in Buffalo (S isn't Catholic), he was cool with it, and had no problem scheduling our wedding for the date we wanted. We had a slight issue with the time, but if we do all our pictures either before the ceremony, or if we do them afterwards somewhere other than the church, we can have the later time. There is a nice gazebo nearby that I am hoping we can do the family pictures in.


We have to do a pre- canna course, and the deacon e-mailed us an online compatibility test, but that's it! And the $400 fee includes musicians! So everything sounds good to me.


Afterwards, we drove out to meet our photographer, Corey Ann. She lives in Canton, so she met us halfway. I have to admit that I didn't spend too much time looking for a photographer. I read a few recommendations of her on theknot, I liked the pictures I saw, and I decided to go with it. She is available on my date, her prices are fairly reasonable, and I get all of the digital images on a disk so I can make my own photo books. She was super nice in person, and seemed like a vendor I could trust and be comfortable with. I hope my pictures come out as beautifully as some of her others!



Next up was the dress trying on(exhausting!) that I detailed in my last post.



Sunday I met with a potential caterer, A Silver Service. Everything seemed to go well. I'll do another post after I finalized all the details with that.

All in all, I felt very productive on this wedding shiznit for once. Although it is still far from enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding! Just a little note letting you know you're the winner of the Disney Bride Giveaway for a piece from my shop smittenxoxo.etsy.com - come on in and we can chat a bit!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete