Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Long Tables vs. Rounds

I'm thisclose to finalizing my venue contract, so I decided to start with the seating plans.... more later on which venue I went with!

I am in love with the idea of doing long feasting type tables at the reception. I know there are a lot of pros vs. cons out there, so I might do a mix of both long tables and rounds. I can put our friends and cousins at the longs(because I don't want to split all the groups up), and put my parents and other relatives at the rounds. Hopefully this works out. I've been using this program to help me with the table design and seating, and for a FREE program it works great! Just sign up, and got to Weddings/ Seating. I also put my guest list into excel, and you can upload it right into the program. I'm an accounting geek, so I use excel for everything, and it is super easy to sort people.

Here's a vague picture of how I want my tables to look:




The middle one will be the kind of head table. We haven't decided on if we are having a bridal party or not, but even if we don't we would just put family in friends up there who would have been in the bridal party. So it would be kind of the un- head table. The two rounds closest to us would have our parents, and whoever they would choose to sit with them.

I am still trying to figure out how to seat people at the longs. I plan on fitting between 20-25 people at each one, so I don't want to just tell guests which table and have them find their own seat. That could create some confusion. I will probably put something at each setting with a name on it. Maybe a sparkler!

Also, my side of the guest list is significantly longer than FI's, because of my massive family. Should I seat some of my side over on his? I'm sure there are other bride's out there with lopsided guest lists- how did you figure this out?

Does anyone have any experience at a wedding with long tables and can offer any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment